This is me

My photo
I have loved craft for as long as I can remember! Dabbled in lots of things... Embroidery, sewing, cross stitch, quilting, mixed media journaling, zentangling and my love of all is scrapping! Creating art with Paper is such a buzz!! for me!

Friday 17 November 2017

A Beautiful Moment


This was a great challenge for me! I was thinking at first "I can't do this one!"  I love the concept, but thought I would have nothing to contribute!    I kept the mood board close by and kept looking at it, every once in a while!

Flicking through a bunch of photos I found this one of Granddaughter #2 (grandbaby # 7) and decided to give it a go! Rummaging around in my extensive stash, I was staggered at how much I had to add to the layout!  As often does the photo does not really show up every detail BUT believe me there is heaps of "metal" on board!

Gold and bronze and metallic buttons galore; embroidered gold flowers scattered around; stems of gold beads; the daisy in the back of the floral clusters have been painted with tarnished brass Distress Stain;  Sequins painted with silver Pigment Izink; Silver and White silver glittered, embossed stencilled hearts; silver tape; and splashers of Distress Mica Sprays brass, bronze and pewter, along with Bo Bunny Bronze glimmer Spray & a little bronze metal dragonfly and mini crown to top it off! 

My home made item is the 2 floral clusters, which I loved putting together - flowers, ferns, leaves, bead stems, mini doilies tipped with Pigment Izink Ambre, kraft card, soft tuelle, metallic buttons, & white silver embossed hearts, gold embroidered flowers!!

So much precious metal; gold, silver, bronze, brass, pewter WOW! -  I have surprised myself!  Thanks for the challenging challenge, can't wait to see what they give us next time.       


 

3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful moment! I love your clusters and the metal elements you've used! A really lovely page!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing just what you can find in your stash when you go looking. Your layout is beautiful. Great use of the lace too. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same, i wasnt real sure if I could do it, but once i pulled out some yummies I had saved up, I was ok. Ohhhh I love your photo, she is so photogenic. Your layout is awesome, thank you so much for joining us at SUYS. :)

    ReplyDelete

Little boxes!

I was gifted with a gorgeous little box like these and when I had a few birthdays coming up I decided to give it a go!  WOW a...